Helpful
Replies

How to configue email notifications alert on cisco prime infrastructure 3.0

jason button
Level 1
Level 1

HI...

happy new year to everyone out there.

well im trying to configure email notifications alert on our cisco prime infrastructure v.3.0,

so that i´ll be able to receive email alerts, for instance when any interface, devices like router, access points, switches and even server Goes off or down, or gives any error on its interface.

Im kind of a little new in this industry, but able to configure.

So can someone kindly please help me with a Straight forward Guide, that help me to accomplish this problem please.

thanks in advanced and

very Best Regards

Jhon.

10 Replies 10

ivanchakarov
Level 1
Level 1

Here you go - http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0/administrator/guide/PIAdminBook/config_server_settings.html#63370 

Hi ivanchakarov ,

thank you so much for the link.

i will go through it and will advice you sooner.

once again, thank you very much indeed

Hi ivanchakarov

I was just trying to configure first the SMTP as per your link, and i couldnt go far ahead.

I Selected Monitor > Monitoring Tools > Alarms and Events.

then im about to Click Email Notification tab... so that Prime Infrastructure can displays the first Email Notification Settings page. but unfortunetely after Monitor > Monitoring Tools > Alarms and Events. i can´t see the Email Notification tab, as you can see on the attached file.

is there any idea?

im using Prime Infrastructure 3.0.0

Build 3.0.0.0.78 Lifecycle: 500 devices

Please help

In Monitor > Monitoring Tools > Alarms and Events you can see the current alarms and the history of the events. What do you mean when you say "Email Notification tab" and what do you want to find there?

The only email related information that I know can be found in Administration / System Settings / Mail Server Configuration

Hi Mr. ivanchakarov

Really hope you ok and thank you very much indeed for your kind support. i really appreciate it alot.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, we got such big time different and besides that, i was working some in the village where theres no internet access. well, its africa and thats how it goes down here sometimes.

Well, what im trying to say is that , after doing the step 2, i was stacked on Step 3 where it askes me to Click Email Notification Tab. even according to the file i have attached, i do not see the Email Notification Tab, where Prime Infrastructure will have to displays the first Email Notification Settings page. thats the problem im talking about.

the only tab i see there are; Alarms, Events and Syslogs. so i dont see where to Click Email Notification tab, so i can go to Step 4; Alarm Category column.

So hope you understand me. by the way, i have pasted the steps covering this configuration on; Configuring Email Notifications for SNMP Traps.

So far, i have already configured the;  Email Server Settings

Step 1 Log in to Prime Infrastructure.
Step 2 Select Monitor > Monitoring Tools > Alarms and Events.
Step 3 Click Email Notification tab. Prime Infrastructure displays the first Email Notification Settings page.
Step 4 In the Alarm Category column, click on the System category's name. Prime Infrastructure displays a
second Email Notification Settings page.
Step 5 Under Send email for the following severity levels, select all of the severity levels for which you want
Prime Infrastructure to send email notifications.
Step 6 In To, enter the email address to which you want Prime Infrastructure to send email notifications. If you
have multiple email addresses, enter them as a comma-separated list.
Step 7 Click Save. Prime Infrastructure displays the first Email Notification Settings page.
Step 8 In the Enable column, make sure System is selected, then click Save.

Hope you got it sir.

Regards

I am sorry, I copied these steps from the OFFICIAL Cisco's documentation without reading it in depth and it is in fact wrong. :D :D 

The tab that they are talking about is in Administration / System Settings / Mail Server Configuration / Configure email notification for individual alarm categories ;)

Ok Mr. ivanchakarov. Thank you so much once again for your time.

Ok those mistakes happens thats ok.

Due tp the time now, by tomorrow i will review your new updated steps and will keep you posted right after that.

Regards

Hi Ivanchakarov.

After Going through the link you sent me.

I have realized, that before configuring the email alert, first i need to configure SMTP Server.

So how to do that,? Please help me.

Regads

Jhon

Step 1 Choose Administration > Settings > System Settings > Mail and Notification > Mail Server Configuration. The Mail Server Configuration page appears.

Step 2 Enter the hostname or IP address of the primary SMTP server. Enter the IP address of the physical server. You cannot enter a virtual IP address in the Hostname/IP field, and the IP address cannot be behind a load balancer.

Step 3 Enter the username of the SMTP server.

Step 4 Provide a password for logging on to the SMTP server and confirm it.

Both username and password are optional.

Step 5 Provide the same information for the secondary SMTP server (only if a secondary mail server is available).”

Hi Ivanchakarov!

Thank you so much for your time and comment.

Im sure i will get tgere and it will definitly work.

I will confifure first, then i will keep you posted.

Manny thanx again.