Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber iPad - DTMF issues

jon-lewis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.

We've CUCM 10.5 on UCS, with a handful of 3945 routers configured as H.323 with ISDN30 PRI service. These routers are on 15.1 M train.

We've got a pilot scheme going with Jabber for iPad. Our execs love it, but they've found they can't join external conference calls from Jabber iPad. They can connect to the conference auto attendant, but attempts to send the meeting codes by key press, fail. We're using iPad Pro on iOS 10, and iPad 2 on iOS 9.2

I've got debugs running on the outbound voice gateway, to try and identify if the gateway receives these key press meeting codes.

If I use my Jabber for Windows client, enabling H245 ASN1 debug shows me the individual key presses being sent out while the call is connected to the conference auto attendant.

However, if the call is made from Jabber for iPad., I only see the outbound call set up and connect, and then disconnect when the user hangs up about 30 seconds later.  I  guess I need another debug to show this Jabber for iPad traffic.

I've been searching but not found anything suitable. I'm hoping the community can advise a suitable debug?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jonathan,

Is this issue still occurring for you?

If so, would it be possible for you to do the following while a non-working DTMF call is established?

It will show what type of DTMF relay is being negotiated on the VoIP side.

1. Use the command "show voice call status" to determine what the CID is, as well as the inbound and outbound dial-peers.

Voice-GW#show voice call status
CallID CID ccVdb Port Slot/DSP:Ch Called # Codec MLPP Dial-peers
0xFAF92 2A57 0x3FEF5BF8 0/0/0:23.1 0/1:1 4505551234 g711ulaw 1000/2000
1 active call found

2. Issue the following 2 commands replacing the appropriate values with your own and capture their output (commands are case sensitive).

"show run | sec voice 1000|voice 2000"

"show call active voice id 2A57 | incl Dtmf"

Please post the output of the requested commands so we can assist further.

Thank you, I will be able to progress this when I next visit that office.

Jonathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: