cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to setup webauth

Don Maker
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get webauth going, but it's not too smooth so far. Here is my aaa, radius and ip admission config lines on a 3560G:

sh run | include admiss
ip admission name webauth proxy http
ip admission webauth
core#sri aaa
aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default group radius
aaa authorization auth-proxy default group radius
aaa session-id common
core#sri radius
aaa authentication login default group radius
aaa authorization auth-proxy default group radius
ip radius source-interface Vlan10
radius-server host 192.168.0.14
radius-server key 7 06330170414F1D0B0C2F

I'm using a Windows 2008 R2 domain controller for radius. What usually happens is that I get a login page, enter valid credentials, another page pops up warning about security with a "connect" option. When I click connect, another login tab opens...repeat ad naseum. Wireshark shows a radius request and reject packet on the DC, and the event log of the DC shows a policy denial. The reason given is that the user provided in the request is locked out, but the user always shows up as domain\guest. I have no idea why.

Is there anything in my config that looks off, or does anyone have any experience with this situation?

Also, a general webauth question. Can webauth be used to block network access completely, or just web traffic? I know 802.1x can do it, but I was asked to use webauth, but I'm not sure that it can.

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Don Maker
Level 1
Level 1

I tried enabling the guest account just to see if things would work. I get different errors now. On the DC it says I'm trying to use an auth type not specified in the network policy. I have PAP checked and this same user account works when I use radius for logon auth on the same switch. 

Very puzzling and inconsistent so far.

It works if I don't force clients to negotiate an authentication method. Does anyone know what auth method should be selected for Windows 2008 radius? 

bumpage

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: