cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Returning AP 1552 Memory Amount

CuskerBCC
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to upgrade my 5508 WLC with 1552E AP's to version 8.3.102.0.  I see that the update is split into two images if using 1550 Series AP's with 64 MB and 128 MB of memory.  How do I figure out how much memory my 1552's have?  If they have, say, only 32 MB of memory do I need not apply the supplementary image?

The 8.3.102.0 release notes say to run "show mesh ap summary" on the WCL.  Either that is incorrect or with my current WLC version 7.4.121.0 it does not return the amount of memory.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

CuskerBCC
Level 1
Level 1

I successfully updated my WLC to 8.3.120.0 (from 7.4.121.0).

• Couple things to note that may help others:
    • The "show mesh ap summary" command now returns how much memory my 1552E's have.
      • I still don't know how to definitively figure that out when running older code when the command doesn't return the memory stat.
    • If you require the supplementary image when updating to 8.3.102.0, download BOTH to the controller then reboot once.
      • I found two different Cisco documents that gave two different instructions.  I picked the wrong one.
        • After downloading the base image (only) and rebooting my 1552's began attempting to d/l new software but would fail, reboot & repeat.  I then downloaded the supplementary image to controller and attempted a reboot but it would fail saying "AP downloads in progress, try again later".  Knowing they would never successfully complete I had to force reboot the controller; "reset system forced".
          • After force reboot all my AP's updated successfully and life was good.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card