cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding Incoming call to any required extension in ringing state without answering call

aniket0422
Level 1
Level 1
Hi All,
looking for a feature to transfer incoming call to any required extension in ringing state without actually answering it or getting noticed to calling party.
With iDivert soft key we can transfer incoming call to voicemail in ringing state. [ Correct me if i am wrong ]. Instead can this call be transferred to any desire extension ?
Regards,
Aniket P. Raut
3 Replies 3

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You can use call pickup

You will have to do additional configuration.

The Group Call Pickup feature allows users to pick up incoming calls in another group. Users must dial the appropriate call pickup group number when this feature is activated from a Cisco Unified IP Phone. Use the softkey, GPickUp, for this type of call pickup. When the user invokes the Group Call Pickup phone feature while multiple calls are incoming to a pickup group, the user gets connected to the incoming call that has been ringing the longest. Depending on the phone model, the users can either use the Group Pickupprogrammable feature button or the Group Pickup softkey to pick up an incoming call. If Auto Group Call Pickup is not enabled, the user must press the GPickUp softkey, dial the group number of another pickup group, and answer the call to make the connection.

Please rate and mark correct if helpful

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Please rate and mark correct if helpful
Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Hi Adarsh,
Call Pickup and Group Call Pickup features are already configured. But i am looking for something else.
I am sitting in a Bay my extension is 5555, I have an incoming call from 4444 and i don't want to answer this call, but want to transfer this call to my team lead when it is in ringing state whose extension is 6666. So on 5555 i will have some soft key which can be use to divert this call to 6666 in ringing state without getting noticed to 4444. 

Regards,
Aniket P. Raut

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you cannot. You need to answer a call in order to transfer it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: