Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity mass deployment

Hello, 

Would like to know  if I can suppress the auto update feature on Proximity installer?  

In log file i can still see that application verify's auto update each time when started : 

Info: Auto update: checking for new version: https://proximity.cisco.com/windows/version.txt

Is there is any way how can we avoid  this ?

It is critical if we want to install package on enterprise.  

Is there is any resource with old versions (https://proximity.cisco.com/changelog.html) installers available ? 

Thanks. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I understand that would be useful. I'll attach version 2.0.2 here!

The user is presented with a balloon, and needs to right-click the tray icon and select “Upgrade now” before the UAC pop-up is shown.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The old versions are not available, as we do not support them. Running older versions would incur bugs, and would not work with new or future versions of CE software.

Other than that, there are two options for deploying Proximity: per-user installations and per-system installations. In per-system installations, Proximity will always prompt the user before proceeding with installation. That is the closest we have to matching your feature request.

Implementing a feature for disabling auto update is not currently planned.

Is see reason why old versions are not available, but can i download previous versions of Proximity for deployment test purpose not for application functionality  ? 

I would like to see how user is prompted  for new version, (is there is informative message or UAC to proceed upgrade with admin rights) ? 

I understand that would be useful. I'll attach version 2.0.2 here!

The user is presented with a balloon, and needs to right-click the tray icon and select “Upgrade now” before the UAC pop-up is shown.

Thanks for quick answer. 

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee