Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect vpn for Android phones

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I am having issues with any connect vpn for Android phones. I have downloaded the any connect vpn mobility client from the Google store. Each time I try to connect, I will get an error 'cannot communicate with the server'.

However the Cisco mobility VPN client for Windows can connect which that installation on the router was done successfully. Do I need to install a different any connect vpn pancake for Android phones

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok I see your issue (at least one of potential issues).

Could you run the command show ssl and paste the output?

When you're trying to access your https link, we get the message:

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

If you're using IE, you won't see it as IE isn't showing CIPHER Mismatch.

If you don't have in your list the following:

aes128-sha1 aes256-sha1 3des-sha1

Can you add them with command:

ssh encryption aes128-sha1 aes256-sha1 3des-sha1

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

How the VPN is connected? (User/Password, Certificates,...)

If it's working with Windows, let's assume that everything is fine.

How you're trying to connect? Using DNS or IP?

If you're using DNS, could you try with IP?

Could you share logs of Anyconnect Android client? (here is the link how to export logs: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect30/user/xmart/b_Android_User_Guide/b_Android_User_Guide_chapter_0101.html)

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hello Support lan,

Thank you for your response. The vpn is connected through username/password  using Cisco any connect vpn mobility client. Only  the Internet Explorer can display the vpn Web page. Other Web browsers can't due to certificate issue. Am using self signed certificate

Am using ip address to connect. I will check the logs.

Hi,

The error you are getting is due to the fact that your WebVPN IP address isn't reachable from your Andriod device.

How is your Andriod connecting to ASA or IOS AnyConnect Server? Also, since you are using self-signed certificate, did you enable the option to allow users to continue with untrusted certificates. If not then this could be the reason for Andriod phone not connecting.

Hello Mohammed,

Thank you for your response. Am using Cisco ios as the gateway vpn. I disabled the option of blocking untrusted servers in Android phone. Do I need to do the same in the Cisco ios? How do I do that?

Hi

I'm sorry, I don't see any log file.

On IOS config, you don't have any config to allow untrusted servers.

Could you send me the log file please on PM or attached it again on the post?

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco

yes on ios config,i do not have any config to allow untrusted servers.see attachment

Does it works from Apple IOS devices?

The config seems to be ok but on Android I see a message "unable to find certificate for given ID" that sound strange. to be honest, I'm not very familiar with Android devices.

Could you run a debug webvpn on your router to see what happens when this mobile client is trying to connect.

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco

I have tried to run the the debug webvpn but I see nothing. Let's resolve the issue with certificate error. U can open ur browser and type https://165.90.243.10

I'm not able to access your webpage.

Let me know when your link will back up.

Can you create me a account to connect with my mobile and see what happens? If Yes, PM me credentials.

Thanks
Francesco

OK. It will be up by 8am Nigeria time. Send me  your email for the credentials

Ok I see your issue (at least one of potential issues).

Could you run the command show ssl and paste the output?

When you're trying to access your https link, we get the message:

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

If you're using IE, you won't see it as IE isn't showing CIPHER Mismatch.

If you don't have in your list the following:

aes128-sha1 aes256-sha1 3des-sha1

Can you add them with command:

ssh encryption aes128-sha1 aes256-sha1 3des-sha1

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco

That's the error message I get. I added only ssl encryption rcd-md5.will add that and update.

Thanks

Hi,

Its working . My phone can connect. This forum is good.Thanks to all those who contributed. The only issue now is the untrusted signed certificate

I'm happy that it works. You're very welcome.

Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if that answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: