Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

boot: cannot load "flash0:"

Hello guys,

Have a little problem with my cisco router 2900..while doing certain configurations, i did a "format flash" by so doing all the content of the flash was gone..together with the IOS. I've tried to reload a new IOS using a TFTP and the Xmodem method but it is not going through. Don't really know what to do....

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've tried to reload a new IOS using a TFTP and the Xmodem method but it is not going through.

This method of loading an IOS into a router or switch using XModem is so old school.  

The most effective and fastest way to do this are the following options: 

1.  The IOS is always stored in a REMOVABLE compact flash.  Eject the flash and load the IOS using a multi-card reader; or

2.  Every router and switch now sports one (or two) USB ports.  With a correct (and supported) USB flash drive, it is possible to boot an IOS from a USB flash drive.

Thanks for the reply Leo Laohoo,

I tried this mehtod but when i do the "dir usbflash0" i have this mistake

"

program load complete, entry point: 0x80903000, size: 0x4c4a0

fnuhcd5200OpenPipe ERROR opening PIpe CVMX
*** TLB (Load/Fetch) Exception ***
Access address = 0x26
PC = 0x8090f0c0, SP = 0x80902dc0, RA = 0x8090f560
Cause Reg = 0x80000008, Status Reg = 0x504080e3

"

The USB flash drive is not supported by the router. 

okay, and do you certain criteria of the appropriate flash drive?

okay, and do you certain criteria of the appropriate flash drive?

No.  

Not all USB brand (and sizes) are supported by Cisco appliances.  This is because some manufacturers don't follow the standards to what Cisco require. 

So test a few brands and sizes.  You'll know if the particular brand and size works when the logs will reflect this.

To Leo's point about drives, you may want to check your box if you still have.it. A lot of the cisco 2900's and 3900's come with 1 gb flash drives. It's likely compatible with your router.

it's because Floria is an OG

**Sorry can't help it...hahahaha**

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: