Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Trunk Utilisation

prasadhkv
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings

I'm looking to extract gateway utilisation figures from CDR. I have tried the Utilisation Report under Device Reports -> Gateway but when I get prompted to narrow down the report by choosing a the gateway type (Cisco 2951), the system only retrieves the first 200 matching gateways. 

It is well known that this is a CDR limitation and one has to query the DB directly to obtain the raw data. However in my case the 'Utilisation' value noted in this report is manually created using a formula and it is not a CDR field.

I have tried to follow the formula noted below but not able to get the same percentage figure shown in the system generated report. Has anyone tried the formula to manually generate the results?

I used the duration (in seconds) and the number of channels as the ports. I did note in the system generated report the maximum number of ports is always shown as 30 - is this correct?

Formula as in Cisco documentation:

In the case of weekly utilization reports, the system calculates the utilization as ((sum of the duration of the calls that used the gateway in a day) / (maximum duration seconds in each day * number of each day between the fromDate and toDate selected * maximum number of ports in a gateway) * 100).

CUCM Version: 10.5.2.13900-12

If this cannot be done manually, appreciate if you someone can point me to a paid tool which is widely used or Cisco recommended.

Thank you in advance

HP

1 Reply 1

Anoop Krishnan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Prasadh, 

Either you can go with the RTMT or the CAR report analysis or through the formula for getting the utilization history. Also there are third party like Variphy who provides the details in a more friendly way. 

Regards, 

Anoop

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: