Views
Helpful
Replies

Help required with process for migration of ISE from a 3315 to a 3515

crbrown68
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have an existing ISE deployment sitting on legacy 3315 hardware running ver 1.4. I have a new 3515 server that I am wanting to migrate this deployment onto. The intention had been to install 1.4 onto the new hardware, join it to the existing deployment and then once the primary node and the 3315 removed from the deployment, preform the upgrade to 2.1.

However reading the documentation for the 3515 it states that it will not run a version below ver 2.0 and as the 3315 will not run a version higher than 1.4 I'm in a bit of a quandary.

I had thought maybe use an interim VM ISE server, join it to the existing deployment and go through the upgrade process with it. Then once upgraded join the new 3515 and remove the VM server.

Any thoughts, advice?

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your thought of using a VM as an interim step sounds like an excellent idea.

I believe that would be the cleanest and safest method.

malone352
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, Just wondering during this deploymeny did you restore a backup for the 3315 running 1.4 onto your 3515 running 2.1? If so did you have any issues applying the restore?

Sorry, I've been away. As per my original thoughts I went with using the interim VM server to facilitate the upgrade. It all went very smoothly with no issues at all. So sorry I can't comment with regards to the restoration of a V1.4 on to a V2.1 platform.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: