Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD licensing with "Smart License"

ammann9113
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

I didn't see any "Licensing" category in this forum so I'll just ask here since my question is - in the end - regarding a 5506-X.

So, since AnyConnect might come fairly soon to the FTD image, I am planing the migration of my personal lab ASA.

I guess I won't struggle with the technical part, my only big question mark lays over the licensing. As far as I figured out, I can't just create a Smart License account for myself? My company does have a Smart account, which I could use for this. And here comes my question; if I license the FTD image on my ASA with the company Smart account, do I basically give my device away to my company? It is my personal device, I paid for it, thus I would like to keep it... :-) What would happen if I would leave said company one day?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

ammann9113
Level 1
Level 1

So, nobody?

There has to be a way? Most of our costumers dont even have a SmartNet account..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card