Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5596 | ISSU[E] Upgrade

cinexorone
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to prepare my two Nexus 5596 for ISSU Upgrade, however I have a small problem regarding license and features. You can see module, license, "show install all impact" information in the attached text file.

According to Upgrade Guide http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5600/sw/upgrade/708_N1_1/n5600_upgrade_downgrade_700.html I need to fulfill following conditions:

Condtion 1: "The system cannot be upgraded with the ISSU process (nondisruptive upgrade) when Layer 3 is enabled. You must unconfigure all Layer 3 features to be have a nondisruptive upgrade with an ISSU."

Q1:If I understand Cisco NX-OS Licensing Guide correctly I need to disable hsrp/ospf from my features, correct?

Condition 2: "It might be necessary to remove the Layer 3 license"

Q2: Based on your experience, is it really necessary to remove L3 license? If yes, how should I progress if I have just LAN_BASE_SERVICES_PKG?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

cinexorone
Level 1
Level 1

Quite a long time, any updates?

cinexorone
Level 1
Level 1

Bumping.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: