cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog message repeat

Steven Williams
Level 4
Level 4

13564766: 10274826: Feb  6 17:06:56.627: %ILPOWER-5-SENSE_POWER_INVALID: Interface Gi4/0/41: invalid power sense 146082 milliwatts current 753 mA voltage 194000 mV 

This message keeps coming in on my switch and flooding my log. I know there is an issue, but is there a way to stop logging for this error?

5 Replies 5

Hi, hope it is useful, what device you have connected to that port 4/0/41?

Error Message ILPOWER-5-SENSE_POWER_INVALID: Interface [chars]: invalid power sense
[dec] milliwatts current [dec] mA voltage [dec] mV

Explanation

The power-monitoring voltage or current value is invalid. [chars] is the interface. The Explanation
first [dec] is the power-monitoring cutoff value, the second [dec] is the real-time power consumption
in mA, and the third [dec] is the real-time power consumption in mV.

Recommended Action: Copy the message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log.
Recommended Action
Research and attempt to resolve the error by using the Output Interpreter. Use the Bug Toolkit to look for similar reported problems. If you still require assistance, open a case with the TAC, or contact your Cisco technical support representative, and provide the representative with the gathered information. For more information about these online tools and about contacting Cisco.
Bug tool kit require Cisco credentials: https://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/bssprt/bss

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Didn't really help. Is there a way to omit a certain message from being logged?

Hi,

Yes, there is.

You can use the "no logging event power-inline-status" under the desired interface.

Thanks Guy! That did the trick. I had forgotten the command!

Thanks for confirming that the command did solve the issue.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card