Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP Search in CUCM

Ivan Rivai
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have just found this recently. So I tried to search my user's name at corporate directory and I can't seem to find it. Then I noticed that the name only contain one word, no middle name or last name. 

What I can't seem to understand is that the search is based on first name, yet it needs the middle or last name to make it searchable.

Any settings I need to change at the phone or CUCM?

Thank you.

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ivan,

Which cucm version is this? The last name field on the end user page is mandatory, can you send a screenshot of the user config page from cucm , one of those that you are unable to search in corporate directory.

Manish

Hello Manish,

the version is 11.5. Sorry i forgot to mention, i'm syncing from microsoft active directory.

No i mean, so if the user only has one-word name, he/she can not be searched from corporate directory? Because i've tested it, i added random word to the last name, then i synced it again, tried to search via corporate directory, and i found the user's name.

Thank you.

Can you share a screenshot of that screen where you are unable to search with one worded name? Also, share how is that end user configured on CUCM, just the firstname, lastname settings.

Manish

Please find the attached images.

As I said before, I synced the ldap attributes from active directory, so please see the image below, he only has one word.

Thank you.

As Manish mentioned, what we need, is that user FROM CUCM's perpective, from the end users page.

By default, the filter that is in place for LDAP sync WILL NOT bring any users who DO NOT have surnames.

The corporate directory works based on what CUCM brings from LDAP, not searching LDAP directly.

If that user doesn't have a surname, and you have not changed the default LDAP filter, you should NOT find that user in CUCM's end users page, and thus, you cannot find it on the corporate directory, and that would be working as designed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

Thank you for your response.

Please find the attached file.

As you said, the user isn't found in end user. So what do I need to do?

Thank you.

Add a surname to the user, or you will need to create your own LDAP filter to bring users without surname, it's up to you.

Another option is you create your own directory script and search the LDAP directly.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That is what we wanted to confirm, either add the user as an Active local user or edit the users on AD with required cucm attributes like last name and then do a sync so that the users are imported to cucm via LDAP.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: