cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Media resource config for 2 device pools.

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi folks,

am facing a problem with media resource configuration for second device pool.

Issue1

in my CUCM config, I have 2 device pools, CIPC and CP8851. CIPC device pool is registered with VG1. When trying registering CP8851 device pool with VG1, it denies with message saying that "you cannot configure because same is already configured."

Issue2

Do I need to add another VG2 for Media Resource configuration. In case if VG1 fails media resources registers with VG2 and business keeps running with less / No impact. On VG2, I have configured same media resource names compared with VG1 eg: conference, MTP, transcode.

So, please suggest how shall I proceed ahead. Any guide would also be fine.

Thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ritesh,

If you are talking about media resource redundancy in device pools then the best approach is to configure the media resources on two routers ( like MTP1, CFB1, Transcoder1 on Router1 & MTP2, CFB2, Transcoder2  on Router2). Then create MRG1 by adding MTP1, CFB1 & Transcoder1 and create MRG2 with MTP2, CFB2 & Transcoder2. Now create a new MRGL by adding both MRG1 and MRG2 so that if one is down then the other one can take over. This MRGL can be assigned to any device pool that is applied to the IP phones.

HTH

Manish

Dear Manish,

If I had 1 Voice Gateway with 2 device pools. How can I achieve this. This is my motive.

regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Ritesh, 

With single gateway it doesn't make sense as you can't build redundant links on same hardware. If sccp or hardware problem occurs then all resources on this router are unusable for cucm, so redundant media resources have to be on other router or cucm.

Manish