Views
Helpful
Replies

SF300-24 Weak Password Lock Out

nathan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I recently setup an SF300-24 with a complicated configuration.  At the end of the configuration I reset the password to a password that had three criteria's  the password is 10 chars long, lower case, special char, and a number.   The problem that I have is that when I try to login I get a message that the password is incorrect, when I know that the password is correct.    

I had a suspicion that that since the password was weak the switch would not accept it.   I confirmed my suspicion in the lab by resetting the password on another switch and again I was locked out. I then reset the switch to factory and tried it again and was locked out again even with the tick box checked to not enforce strong passwords.  I then tested it again with a strong password and everything worked as expected.

My question is:  Is there anyway to get into the switch with the weak password that I set using the console or something?

Thanks in advance,

-Nathan

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X