Cisco UCCX 7.0(2) Premium stops recording for all agents everyday at different time and continues the next day normally

Unanswered Question
Feb 15th, 2017
User Badges:

Dear colleagues,

I have really unusual problem with Cisco Contact center at location of our customer. There we've installed Cisco CM 6.1 and UCCX Premium 7.0(2). The customer has about 25 agents and his request was to have recorded every call between agents and their clients. Everything worked excellent, with no problems.

When we installed GSM Gateway, to route calls on GSM network between all agents and their couriers on the field, number of recorded calls on call center was significantly increased. Since than, problems with recording started. 

Working time is 8:00 - 17:00 and in that period every calls needs to be recorded. Now we have problem because UCCX everyday just stops recording for all agents and tomorrow it continues at 8:00 normally like nothing happened. For example, in last week recording service stopped working one day at 12:30, next day at 14:10, next day at 13:40 and so on...   

Per day, amount of recorded materials is 1,8GB - 2,8GB, so there is no some rule to stop recording with the same disk space usage for that day.

When UCCX doesn't do recording, agents still send RTP stream to UCCX, also restarting of recording services on UCCX doesn't help.

Have anyone ever seen this situation, and if you can help me with any suggestion, I would be very thankful. 

Sorry for my bad English.

Best regards,

dejan

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Sat, 02/18/2017 - 21:03
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

You're bumping into a product limitation. The CSD recording feature was never intended to record all calls. There is a disk quota imposed on the audio recordings:

The amount of disk storage allocated for recordings on a single-server non-high-availability deployment of Unified CCX is 2.6 GB.. On a two-server high-availability deployment of Unified CCX, the recordings are alternated between the two servers in a round-robin fashion to provide load balancing and redundancy. Hence the amount of disk storage allocated on each server is 2.6 GB for a combined solution storage of 5.2 GB.

Each day starts off working because the files recorded eight days previously were deleted overnight, freeing up space. Recording stops whenever you bump into the quota each day.

The quota cannot be raised or changed. You need to evaluate a different recording solution, either Cisco MediaSense or one of the ecosystem partner offerings.

dejanbursac Tue, 02/21/2017 - 01:48
User Badges:

Dear Jonathan,

thanks a lot for your help. I am sorry I didn't find that information before I wrote about my problem.

Thank you again.

Now I know that I have to find another technical solution at customer's site.

Best regards,

Dejan

Actions

This Discussion