cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

view caller id of shared line realtime

Evan Ruiz
Level 1
Level 1

i have a customer who has sent this request to me.

Ticket Info and Detail

Is there a way that I can view on my phone the number of a caller that another internal user (whose line is on my phone) is on the line with? This would help me to know if I can interrupt a call or not if someone else calls. For example, Mike is on the phone and receives a second call. At our previous employer, I could see the numbers on the Cisco phone model in place.

Based on information she is wanting to see caller ID of shared line real time instead of line in use indicator only. Is this a functionality support by Cisco?

on the second half i believe the only way to get the secondary call is to setup a call pickup group. Unless anyone has a better suggestion. Any insight is greatly appreciated. 

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can disable privacy for the phone (CUCM admin > Device > Phone). Privacy is on by default and can be disabled on a per phone basis or by default by changing the service parameter.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: