UCCX CUIC and Finesse Failover.

Unanswered Question
Feb 15th, 2017

We are upgrading the UCCX 10.6 and will be utilizing CUIC and Finesse.  I've been doing some research but can't yet find a definitive answer on Primary to Secondary server failover.  I was curious about the following scenarios

If a user is using CUIC on the primary server and the secondary server fails, will they be automatically redirected to the secondary CUIC URL?

Same question for Finesse.

If not, do we need to create a secondary IP address in the DNS for he primary CCX server, pointing to the secondary CCX server?  Is there some other common workaround?

Thank you!

Bill

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
taolaayan Thu, 02/16/2017 - 04:03

Hello Bill,

You do not need to create a secondary IP Address in the DNS for the primary server, pointing it to the secondary server.

During CCX failover, the finesse primary server URL is automatically re-directed to the secondary server URL.

For the CUIC; when high-availability is enabled, the secondary server is the primary datasource (i.e. when you enter the URL for the primary server, you are re-directed to the secondary server) and during failover the the primary server becomes the primary datastore.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_...

Actions

This Discussion