cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Get User(User ID) doesn't add any value?

jim-j
Level 3
Level 3

I was debugging a script where I used a statement like this (where "cucm_user" is a user variable):

cucm_user = Get User("myUserName")

After running the commands above I see (in my debug) that cucm_user is set to "USER[myUserName]" by the Get User step.  Next I tried changing my code by removing the Get User step and just declaring the cucm_user variable like this:

type: User
Name: cucm_user
Value:  USER[myUserName]

I found that skipping the Get User step and just directly declaring my user variable like this works fine (at least for the "Authenticate User Password" and "Upload Prompt" steps).  Is there anything wrong with this approach?  I understand why you'd need to use the Get User step if you were using a pin, but if you're using a username for authentication does the Get User step add any value?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you can do this. The Expression Language Reference Guide says as much on page 3-126.

You can replace the Get User and the Get User Info steps with one step by using a USER[userID] variable. Then, when a user is requested in the Get User Info step, instead of selecting a “generic” variable of type user, you can directly enter the specific user variable that holds the USER[userID] you want.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you can do this. The Expression Language Reference Guide says as much on page 3-126.

You can replace the Get User and the Get User Info steps with one step by using a USER[userID] variable. Then, when a user is requested in the Get User Info step, instead of selecting a “generic” variable of type user, you can directly enter the specific user variable that holds the USER[userID] you want.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: