cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Server 2012 R2 agent

tony.rice
Level 1
Level 1

I've installed the Cisco Workload Automation (Tidal) agent on a server, and the agent starts, but I get this error over and over again:

Exception writing to logfile C:\Program Files (x86)\TIDAL\Agent\TIDAL_AGENT_1\logs\_TIDAL_AGENT_1.log : Exception: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TIDAL\Agent\TIDAL_AGENT_1\logs\_TIDAL_AGENT_1.log' because it is being used by another process.

I've confirmed the account permissions are right and I've restarted the server, but I can't seem to figure out what's up, since it says the agent is running in the service manager, but the agent shows as red in my console.

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

jeff.hamway01
Level 1
Level 1

Just wondering if you were able to resolve the issue? if so what was the issue?

if its still not resolved, what is the error code from the master log file? that might help.

below is the intial agent install process. 

When the Tidal Agent is initially installed and started, it has no knowledge of the Tidal Master's existence. It starts "listening" on the port number specified in the tagent.ini file (if Unix) or in the Tidal Agent Service (if Windows). The default port number is 5912.

The Master knows about the Agent's existence when the Agent is configured through the Tidal Client with the configuration of the Agent name and port number. When the Agent is enabled, the Master starts "looking" for it on the network on the configured machine with the specified port number.

When the Master sees the agent listening, it connects to the Agent. The Master registers itself on the Agent using the the ES_<master name>_1_.prp file located on the Agent machine. This registration includes the IP address, name, and ID for the agent. From that point on, the listening port on the Agent is no longer used unless the Master registration information is deleted. If there is a .prp file when the Agent starts, it knows what Master to connect to. From the connection onward, there simply needs to be a continuous network connection between the Master and Agent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: