cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AUTO DISCOVERY

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

I am running TMS 15.4.0 and have an issue.

I delete&Purge systems from TMS.   About 24hours later and some times sooner the system shows back up.

I have Auto Discovery in Admin Tools Off ?? 

How can I make sure systems that are purged don't come back and reconnect to TMS ???

This is getting very frustrating.

Chet Cronin
2 Replies 2

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the systems are pointing to TMS as their manager, they will repopulate in the "list", they should get added though, just show up on the list to be added. This will do From the help:

The Automatic System Discovery Mode setting controls what is done to the detected systems:

• If the setting is enabled, systems found during the scan will be added to the folder of your choice (by default, they will be added to Discovered Systems). Default configurations may also be applied.
  • If disabled, discovered systems appear on a list of systems available to Cisco TMS, but are not added. These systems can be added manually by going to Add Systems > From List.

Note that Cisco TMS interprets a system that is not in any folder as being deleted (but not purged). If you have automatic system discovery enabled, but no default folder set up for discovered systems, the systems will be treated the same as if discovery was disabled.

Patrick ... thank you ... looks like what I need to do is delete the Folder that systems would go to.

So the fact they are in the folder doesn't mean TMS is going accept them until I go to add systems and add it right ??

VR

Chet

Chet Cronin