Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.5 to CUCM 11.5 upgrade PCD

Hi,

Where I can get PCD Prime Collaboration Deployment boot iso

We have ordered BE6k upgrade. should it arrive on the servers with the cucm iso ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ali,

you are correct.

you would get the same .I have captured the snapshot of same after order is placed through  PUT and under e-delivery u get the same.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ali,

you are correct.

you would get the same .I have captured the snapshot of same after order is placed through  PUT and under e-delivery u get the same.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I have 2 questions only

1- I found there is supported releases for PCD as per this link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/11_0_1/CUCM_BK_P00E3B55_00_pcd-admin-guide-115/CUCM_BK_P00E3B55_00_pcd-admin-guide-115_chapter_011.html#CUCM_RF_SEB1E0AA_00

I see cucm 6.1.5 is supported with Cluster Discovery

But I don't see it (6.1.5) under Upgrade Cluster (Upgrade Application Version or Install COP Files)

Is this mean I can't upgrade from cucm 6.1.5 to cucm 11 using PCD and I should upgrade  first to 8.6.1 ?

2- Also It states that PCD isn't compatible with Cisco UC Virtualization Hypervisor that is preinstalled in BE6k and BE7K and you must substitute a higher virtualization software feature level. Is this mean PCD isn't supported with BE6K untill we upgrade the license ?

Thanks

Haitham

Hi Ali,

regarding your first query

a. the PCD DOC it is possible. Suggest opening TAC case

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12185996/prime-collaboration-deployment-migration-cucm-615-10

b. regarding license issue

Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment is not compatible with all license types of VMware vSphere ESXi, because some of these licenses do not enable required VMware APIs.

Note

Cisco Business Edition 6000 and Cisco Business Edition 7000 servers are preinstalled with Cisco UC Virtualization Hypervisor. If you plan to use Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment with application VMs on these servers, you must substitute a higher virtualization software feature level.

The following are compatible with Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment:

• Cisco UC Virtualization Foundation (appears as “Foundation Edition” in vSphere Client)
  • VMware vSphere Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, or Enterprise Plus Edition
  • Evaluation mode license

The following are not compatible with Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment:

• Cisco UC Virtualization Hypervisor (appears as "Hypervisor Edition" in vSphere Client)
  • VMware vSphere Hypervisor Edition

regds,

aman

Great

So is there any work around for PCD with CUCM BE ? as to deploy the migration into 3rd party servers on compatible ESXi and then to move it to the BE UCS C servers. or to get a backup and restore it on newly installed cucm on BE servers ?

Thanks

You can use other server and then move the VMs or do the DRS from those other servers. You can also use the eval license, the caveat is that doing that, means no Cisco support.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'll do the migration on third party servers to get the backup only then I'll install the cucm on the BE6k servers and restore the backup

So Cisco won't support the installed VM on the BE6k servers ? or what is the problem will be at this time to decide which path to follow .

Thanks

No, I meant that if you use PCD with the ESXi eval license, it WILL work, however, doing it in such way, means there will not be any Cisco support if you run into issues.

HTH

java

Thanks

My final query,

If I'll use the same ip address of my CUCM for the new servers.

Then I must shutdown the old servers at the time of migration. right ?

Or I can migrate with different ip address to keep both servers up at the same time to control the phone move to the new cluster after completing all related applications for the new cluster .

Also if required, I can re-change the new cucm ip address to the old one using PCD without any issues. right ?

Both servers will be up when you're doing the procedure, this means you need to spin up a lab network and use NAT for this.

The alternative, is to change the IP, and then change it to the original IP after the migration.

HTH

java

This is when you need to understand that UPGRADE is NOT the same as MIGRATION 

The documentation is right, what you can do is MIGRATE

They're not the same, and they're not interchangeable terms

HTH

java