EEM Scripting with Multiple conditions

Unanswered Question
Feb 28th, 2017
User Badges:

Hi Netpros,

I have created an applet which tracks the latency and takes the specified action if the same goes beyond the threshold. It is working pretty well but the point I just want to understand is that whether is there any option in EEM to check multiple conditions such as the specified condition should trigger only if

• Latency goes beyond 100ms and Packet loss is more than 5%
  • Latency goes beyond 50ms or packet loss is more than 8%

The point I want to understand is that whether we can perform boolean operations within a single applet with two different conditions ?

Thanks in advance

Yaswanth

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Tue, 02/28/2017 - 08:19
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Yes, you can.  EEM policies can have multiple conditions since EEM 2.4.  If you're using IPSLA for this, you will need two reaction configurations to track both latency and packet loss.  Then you can configure EEM to do an "and" trigger on both:

event tag latency ipsla reaction-type rtt ...

event tag loss ipsla reaction-type packetLossSD

trigger period 1

correlate event latency and event loss

yashvarmap Tue, 02/28/2017 - 19:58
User Badges:

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please help me with an example which makes the interface Gig0/1 down when one of the conditions met [ either latency goes beyond 100 ms or packet loss is more than 5%] within a single applet.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Yaswanth

ismailsh12 Thu, 05/25/2017 - 09:01
User Badges:

Hi,

I am trying to create an IPsla monitor to check latency only.  If it goes above say 100 ms I want to trigger an action.  Please can you post the IPsla config you created to track latency?

regards,

Ismail

yashvarmap Mon, 06/19/2017 - 22:26
User Badges:

Hi Ismail,

I just want to understand your requirement clear. You can associate the IP SLA track object to any of the applications when the latency goes beyond the threshold.

Regards

Yaswanth

Actions

This Discussion