Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Guest Add-on ERROR

christoph.tylla
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody!

If I try to start a Jabber session as a guest I had to install the jabber guest add on. After installation and starting a session I´ve got the following error message:

If I press the "OK-Button" I´ve got the next error message:

It is the same Problem with Internet Explorer, Edge or Firefox.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Chris

8 Replies 8

niliu2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

Will un-install & re-install works for you? if not, some questions here:

- which Windows version are you on? 32bit or 64bit?

- what's your machine type? model number? notebook or desktop?

- which JG version are you using?

Hi niliu2,

Thanks for your answer. I´ve tried to re-install but it doesn´t work. Regarding your questions:

- I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607

- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 20FQ - Core i7 2,5 GHz

- Cisco Jabber Guest 11.0.0.33

If you need further Information do not hesitat to contact me. I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Greetings
Chris

Hi Chris,

Would you please help to collect dump file and log and send to us (either to email niliu2@cisco.com, or place a attachment here)

dump file: %HOMEPATH%\Appdata\LocalLow\Cisco\chip (chip.dmp)
log file: %HOMEPATH%\Appdata\LocalLow\Cisco\chip (chip.log)

Note: %HOMEPATH% is generally of the form 'C:\Users\username'.

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for providing the log.I've tried on my local side, with the same call link as you, using Thinkpad X1 Carbon (Win10 installed), not able to reproduce your issue.

I see the actual JG version is 10.5.3, it's an old version at two years ago. The version number 11.0.0.33 is Chrome extension version, and it is forced to keep update to latest one. (Anyway, it is not important, just trying to clarify) 

Guessing the problem is related with your camera device (or device driver). In the past, we found that sometimes when OS returns Camera capturing raw data, the data format was in an invalid format and then cause application crashed. So we've made several commit to fix that in the later release.

Anyway, in order to verify my theory, would you mind to disable your camera and try the call link again? Or, use another extended camera device and set it as preferred device. 

Please let me know if it helps.

Hi nilius2,

Thanks for your feedback. Because of your help I have new insights:

If i disable the camera in the Windows device manager I can connect to the conference withou camera picture and without problems. If I activate the camera and try to connect again I get the critical error. So the error seems to base on the camera device. BUT… if I try to install a new driver I get the information that it is the latest and correct one.

Can you help me to find a way to use my integrated camera of Lenovo X1 Yoga?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Hi Chris,

Then if you still want to use your integrated camera, the only way I can figure out is to upgrade JG server you are contacting to, but I am afraid it is out of your control?

Hi Nilius,

Thanks for your answer. I will try to contact the administrator. But what do you mean exaktly? To update their JG Server or upgrade to another Version...?!?

Best regards

Chris

Upgrade their JG server (the latest one is 11.0, published at Dec 2016). Then you should able to upgrade your JG client when you access the call link again. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: