Views
Helpful
Replies

SQL Query to get the Partition of a particular DN

Adan Zuniga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

I am just learning about SQL queries and their power. Can you please tell me of a query that will allow me to search pattern 39987 and its partition? Also, would you be so kind as to breaking down the query for me so that I know what each part of it is doing? Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glad you found what you were looking for.  However, for everyone else's sake, you can find this info with these queries. 

First, you will need to find that DN in the numplan table.

run sql select dnorpattern,description,fkroutepartition from numplan where dnorpattern='39987'

fkroutepartition in the numplan table is a link to the pkid in the routepartition table.
So lets search the routepartition table for that pkid.

run sql select name,description from routepartition where pkid='INSERT fkrouteparition GUID'

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to learn about queries your primary reference is going to be the DB dictionary to understand how the CUCM DB looks like, have you looked at it?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime, I did look at it. It seems a little difficult to understand specially because all tables are in a single page. 

Tim Glen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adan, 

Is 39987 a DN or something else? 

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim,

Yes, this is a DN, I actually figured this one out. Thanks for the reply!

Glad you found what you were looking for.  However, for everyone else's sake, you can find this info with these queries. 

First, you will need to find that DN in the numplan table.

run sql select dnorpattern,description,fkroutepartition from numplan where dnorpattern='39987'

fkroutepartition in the numplan table is a link to the pkid in the routepartition table.
So lets search the routepartition table for that pkid.

run sql select name,description from routepartition where pkid='INSERT fkrouteparition GUID'

Hope this helps. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: