Views
Helpful
Replies

Find user who ran job

gkinley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to find out what user ran a job on a specific day. I have the job number. From the client I can only tell who the runtime user was. After reading some of the similar discussions, am I correct in assuming I need to run a query on the Tidal Database?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sbrights
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

'Audit Log' tab of inserted job run will show the run time user name and 'Status' tab will show the owner of that job. If this job is inserted by someone else like 'Super User' other than actual owner of that job, that user name will be shown in the Operations Log (Operations -> Logs) under User Name column with the message like "Your request to insert job <job_name> was processed successfully" . Please refer the attached screenshot. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ikkynikinae
Level 1
Level 1

If you know the specific job run involved, the Audit tab will show you manual activities taken by someone when you look at that specific job run.

The "User" on the Audit tab is listed as the runtime user. Would this mean someone ran this job on the command line as the runtime user and not via the agent?

EDIT: I double clicked on the individual lines, it gives me a user number and an agent number. It seems that if I run a job, it lists the user as the runtime user and not my username. I uploaded screenshots

opsteamprod1
Level 1
Level 1

If someone inserted the job into the schedule, the audit log tab for the job should tell you the ID of that person.

sbrights
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

'Audit Log' tab of inserted job run will show the run time user name and 'Status' tab will show the owner of that job. If this job is inserted by someone else like 'Super User' other than actual owner of that job, that user name will be shown in the Operations Log (Operations -> Logs) under User Name column with the message like "Your request to insert job <job_name> was processed successfully" . Please refer the attached screenshot. 

Thanks for the clarification! I don't have a "logs" option under operations. I'm going to check with my Sr. Admins to see if they have logging turned on

I didn't have rights to see logs. I contacted a sr. admin and we found the user using this method. Thanks!!!!!

Okay. Thanks for the update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: