cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber calls go to different number

yixiu0317
Level 1
Level 1

we are using CM10.5 with Jabber client installed on the PC. No IM.

I got a case that sometimes the calls went to different number.

For example, there are 3 users(A,B,C), all are in the same building, A has internal number 54321,  B has internal number 54311.

when user C call user A by dialing 54321, it is ok, but when user C type in user A's name and call, the call went to user B.

I checked the CAD report and can find the record shows that user C called A at that time.

I suspect that is caused by some cache but could not find any document for that from the internet.

Anyone advice will be appreciate.

7 Replies 7

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what happens when user C actually dials user A, not by looking up the name, but by dialing the extension, what happens then?

Might be your user A's phone details are wrong, of forwarded

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

if user C dial user A's number, the call goes to A without problem.

other users have the same problem when try to reach A, but I am not sure what happened when they try to call A since it is a remote site, hard to do the test.

I am 100% sure there is no call forwarding, and A's phone detail should be correct.

so if user A's detail was for example 12345, what happens if you enter that number, rather than do a lookup through AD?

can you dial user A from a desk phone for instance?

I think what happened is when C type in A's name in Jabber, it check the number associate with A's URI in Call manager and dial the number.

From C's jabber, it shows A's correct number but when the call go out, it goes to B.

It should be something between URI and number mapping.

I do not have access to desk phone since it is client site.

Are you using UDS or EDI?

It does sound like some problem with the directory info, I'd probably ask them to right click on the user, click view profile and send me that screenshot

If the info was wrong and was not updated, doing that will force a search on the directory and a refresh, if it still comes with wrong info, chances are your directory has wrong info, and that's causing the problem.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

we are using EDI.

I checked the AD settings, the number in the "IP phone" field is correct.

I asked the user to clear the Jabber contacts cache and waiting for reply.

interesting thing is that not only 1 user had the problem to call the user A, couple of users at the same site have the same problem to call user A if they dial by A's name.

also if you update the user;s details after you have already called them successfully, you are calling them through cache. so reset jabber as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: