Views
Helpful
Replies

Two HA Interface configuration

Muthukumar P
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using two ASA 5525X firewall and configured one HA port between firewalls. Our customer expecting Two HA ports between ASA. Please help me to configure the same ..

Thanks

Muthukumar

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Do you mean using 2 interfaces bundled in 1 port-channel?

If yes, then just create the port-channel first: (let's assume interfaces to use for HA are g0/3 and g0/4)

interface g0/3

description HA Failover

channel-group 1 mode active

!

interface g0/4

description HA Failover

channel-group 1 mode active

The port-channel interface will be created automatically by ASA. then on your failover, just use the port-channel interface created like: (only commands related to interfaces. The rest of the failover still be the same as with 1 interface)

failover lan interface fover Port-Channel1

failover link fover Port-Channel1

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi,

whether  Failover key & Ip address required please confirm.. for single HA port i have configure for the following commands and its working fine..

failover
failover lan unit primary
failover lan interface lanfail GigabitEthernet0/7
failover key *****
failover link lanfail GigabitEthernet0/7
failover interface ip lanfail 192.168.50.253 255.255.255.0 standby 192.168.50.254

Thanks

Muthukumar

Hi

Yes as I said all other failover config still remain the same. That means you need the ip and key portion as well. 

Thanks 

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card