Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Telepresence integration licensing

Hi guys. I tried to contact cisco licensing dpt with my question but either they don't want to work or they are not competent .  

I need to add Cisco Codecs SX60, C40 and C90 on CUCM10.5 . Looks like I'll need to get TP room licenses, but I can't find in the internet/forums details which one need , which one doesn't , how many per-endpoints , etc. ???  

Neither admin guides of CUCM/Codecs or design guides mentioned this licensing information.  

P.S. It sucks when cisco doesn't include this info on their admin/design  guides, so u r thinking no need license for this and planning  , at the end when project on the table of ur boss  without licenses. And when u update ur boss with license info he is mad and I am mad to cisco and their reps (because they don't give u license info even ticket is open) . I hope Cisco managers will  read this and change situation. 

Thank you 

15 Replies 15

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you can refer the ordering guide for details

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/guide-c07-735914.pdf

attached is snapshot

regds,

aman

ur link is not opening, says "The file or application you are trying to access may require additional entitlement, or you are trying to access a file with an invalid name. Additional entitlement levels are granted based on a user's relationship with Cisco on a per-application basis"

Can u please update it ?

It's also documented in the CUCM admin guides, take a look at Table 2 in the Licensing chapter of the Features and Services Guide for CUCM, Release 10.0(1).  Each TelePresence endpoint you want to register within CUCM requires 1 TelePresence Room License.

thank you 

Hi. Thank you guys again for response. I found out we lhave those licenses but they are loaded on VCS/TMS system so I will need to migrate them to CUCM. VCS/TMS are not connected to CUCM , totally isolated. 

Can anyone share steps how to migrate TelePresence room licenses from VCS/TMS to CUCM 10.5? 

Hi ,

you can refer the links

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/admin_guide/Cisco-Expressway-Administrator-Guide-X8-9.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Collaboration/midmarket/Aug2016/CVD-CollabEdgeUsingBE6000.pdf

regds,

aman

NO, this links doesn't have what I need.  I have this link https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-55043    it should have instruction but I can't open it :( 

I'm unable to open the document you link to, do you know what the title is?

There was a migration a few years back where you can migrate your licenses from VCS to CUCM, but that offer has since ended.

You should contact your Account Manager and speak to them regarding migrating your VCS licenses to CUCM, and/or your options.

I am trying to get Demo licenses and test with  demo before to migrate TP room licenses. I generated Demo and see they are coming  in package :20 CUWL Pro UCM, 20 CUWL Pro Unity connection and 5 TP room lics .   

Before to install this Demo lics I'd like to know that I will not over-write existing lics on my CUCM. its production enterprise network .

Does anyone know will demo package change/modify/over-write existing licenses ? 

Thank you

I think it would simply add to the license count you already have, but I'm not 100% sure.

You can try in maintenance window by uploading Demo Licenses.

In case of any issue, u can  get the licenses from www.cisco.com/go/license under Licenses TAB--UCM-PAK  and upload to PLM

You need to know the UUID or Registration ID . This u can get from CLI of PUB using command.

License management show system.

regds,

aman

I could get registration id but www.cisco.com/go/license   says my PAK is wrong, probably because pak was for 9.x and later system was upgraded to 10.x  together with licenses . i have license file for 10.x but no pak for it :( . 

You can details in "Transactions History" of Product Instance ID and Date on which it was created.

You can match the same date details under Licenses .

regds,

aman

ok, just spoke with tech from Cisco Global Licensing Operations, good news , when you install demo lics permanent lics will not be affected .   after trial period 180 days demo lics will be automatically deleted from system.