cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firesight Manager Connection Events are pruned

Lee Dress
Level 1
Level 1

is there a way i can keep at least 6 hours in connection events?

is this under system / Configuration / database / Connection Database / Maximum Connection events?
my setting is currently 1000000 events.

is there anything i should be concerned about if i raise that to 2000000?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are using the FMC VM, you have a limit of 10 million events. A long as your sum of the connection events and Security Intelligence events does not exceed that amount, you should be ok. As far as concerns, I was able to make a change to the event database during production without any impact. You may want to read up this doc to see if there are other ways to limit whats being logged:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/118012-troubleshoot-firesight-00.html#anc7

I am using the VM.

Since I'm only at 1 million events, i should be able to double that without issue then.

correct?

Yes, it should work without any issues. Just keep in mind that if you increased it to 10M events performance will degrade when checking events.

i have a fmc4000. I raised the limits from 3.5 million to 35 million. 

I'm still seeing pruning events every hour of 25k. Do I need to restart the fmc for it allocate the space?

there is nothing mentioned to require this from what i can tell.

ta

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card