Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iBwave Site Survey Software

Hi there

After working with Airmagnet and Ekahau for a couple of years I just discovered there is another interesting survey tool called iBwave Wi-Fi.

Has anybody used this tool and would be able to share some thoughts about it?

According to the iBwave website it has a great 3D simulation mode. This could be helpful to me working on a design for a stadium Wifi installation.

Would be great to get any feedback.

Thanks, Christian

6 Replies 6

y.graziano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Christian, 

i didn't have a real life experience with iBwave but they did demonstrate the software abilities at the last WLC_EU (Ekahau were there too). it seems very promising and definitely worth to give it a try.

if you decide to use it, please share your experience.

Best regards

Yosef

Hi Yosef

Thanks for your feedback. We have just requested a trial version of the software and might have a try on it soon.

Will keep you posted and still hope to get some more feedback from other peers.

Regards,

Christian

bhose
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Christian,

How did you go with you're evaluation of iBwave ?

I am looking of a really good predictive survey tool. We are using Ekahau at the moment but are struggling to get the right results when the AP's are installed. 

Regards Brett 

Hi bhose

I had not much time to evaluate iBwave. I realised that it gets more coverage in the industry though.

We are using mostly Ekahau with good results and sometimes Airmagnet if needed which works pretty well too.

Cheers, Christian

Thanks Christian

Josue Leonardo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello buddies, anyone knows how to create a mapping view with this software?

I've charged the plane and colocate the access points in different parts of the map, but i don´t know how to obtain the Survey?

Can anyone help me please?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card