Views
Helpful
Replies

Vulnerability Management Report

oosama123
Level 1
Level 1

after scan finished for Vulnerability Management Report , i found those notes :

Cisco Catalyst / Cisco PIX 7.x / Cisco ASA Firewall / Juniper Networks Application Acceleration Platform DX

Pre-shared Key Off-line Bruteforcing Using IKE Aggressive Mode

udp

CVE-2002-1623

yes

Cisco IOS 11-15

Encrypted Management Interfaces Accessible On Cisco Device

yes

to be honest am not that good with Cisco , can you help me with this  :) ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The vulnerability listing sounds like you are using an old EZVPN setup on your ASA. That's very old technology and as long as you keep using that you will have that vulnerability.

You should migrate to the current SSL VPN (AnyConnect type) to mitigate those vulnerabilities.

If you aren't using EZVPN, it could be a false positive as most site-site VPNs use Main Mode vs. Aggressive Mode. An external scan is not able to tell which is in use, only that the ASA is listening to certain ucp ports (udp/500 in this case) and they infer that you are potentially vulnerable as a result.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The vulnerability listing sounds like you are using an old EZVPN setup on your ASA. That's very old technology and as long as you keep using that you will have that vulnerability.

You should migrate to the current SSL VPN (AnyConnect type) to mitigate those vulnerabilities.

If you aren't using EZVPN, it could be a false positive as most site-site VPNs use Main Mode vs. Aggressive Mode. An external scan is not able to tell which is in use, only that the ASA is listening to certain ucp ports (udp/500 in this case) and they infer that you are potentially vulnerable as a result.

thank you for this perfect answer :) ,, in fact am using ASA 5100 it's an old one

and allow me this silly question : how i check if VPN is EZVPN  ?? :) :)

and one more thing : what about second point : Encrypted Management Interfaces Accessible On Cisco Device?

really , really thank you

EZ VPN configuration will have a line like "nem enable" under the group-policy ("show run group-policy") if the ASA is a server. If it acts as a client, it will have a configuration lines with "vpnclient" (show run vpnclient). In either of those cases, you have to use Aggresive Mode which is considered vulnerable. 

If it has neither then it's just a normal IPsec headend and you can disable Aggresive Mode or AM (though it may still show as a false positive since the scan is only probing for ports and not actually negotiating a VPN and seeing that AM is disabled).

the scond vulenrability is usually related to the first. However since they did not give you a specific CVSS to confirm it's a bit ambiguous.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card