Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth limit per host IP address in Cisco router

Yahia CHARIF
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need to controle the amount of bandwidth allocated for each host in a Cisco router without using the classic CBWFQ with ACL and Class-map for each host address.

Can someone please propose another solution.

Best regards.

6 Replies 6

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your "router" was a 6500, you could consider using microflow policing, which doesn't require an ACL per host IP.

Thank you Joseph for you response.

Unfortunately we need this configuration in branch office routers like 881, 888, 1941 and 7200.

I don't think that MicroFlow is supported on this platforms.

Hi

I think the best approach is using Traffic shaping or police but it uses ACL.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi Julio,

I think it's a static way to do this and it's the better, but with a lot of sites and hosts it will not be easy to manage all the configurations.

I hope to find somthing that at lease minimise the need of statically define an Acl+class-map for each host in the network.

Yahia CHARIF
Level 1
Level 1

I got the confirmation from Cisco that there is only two ways to do the job:

• Use Web Security Appliance where we can deploy customized bandwidth and time quotas per user, per group and per policy
  • Using the conventional method of matching the specific traffic and apllying policies based on class-maps

Hope these informations be helpful for you too. 

Thank you Yahia for the update, I have seen networks with appliances to restrict the bandwidth.

Have a good day

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: