cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DX80 P2P

staplete1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a quick question about the DX80. We currently have several Cisco EX90s but since they are becoming EOL we decided to purchase a DX80. We have our EX90s set up independently from a CUCM but it appears the DX80 cannot be set up that way. Am I missing something or is this correct? 

Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to enable H323 and set the H323 CallSetup Mode to Direct, you won't be able to make IP calls until you do.  Your network might be set to offer DHCP Option 150, which will auto provision the endpoint to use CUCM if configured.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the DX70/80 is running CE8.2 and later software, they can register to CUCM/VCS or be standalone just like your EX90s.

CE8 Release Notes

DX70 and DX80 Administrator Guide (CE8.3)

Thank you Patrick for the information but that's not quite what I'm looking for. Can the DX80 work with the EX90? ie I can call the EX90 from the DX80.

From what I understand the EX90 uses telepresence software and the DX80 uses Collaboration Endpoint and they cannot talk to each other. 

They are compatable, as CE software is based on TC software and it inherits fundamentals of it. Now if the DX80 was running Android software, you'd be required to register it to and make calls via CUCM. Take a look at the release notes and admin guide linked in my previous reply, the settings of CE software and TC software are similar if not mostly the same.

I configured all of my EX90's but the DX80 will not play nice. I installed a configuration from another device and changed the IP address to the static ip i wanted and no device can call it. It is set up exactly like every other device.  

What software version is it running?

Can you provide a copy of the configuration being used?

it is running ce8.3.1.3276302

From the configuration file, it looks like your provisioning is set to 'cucm' with provisioning loginname blank and SIP authentication username blank. 

Is this a problem? 

xConfiguration Provisioning Connectivity: "Auto"
xConfiguration Provisioning ExternalManager Address: ""
xConfiguration Provisioning ExternalManager AlternateAddress: ""
xConfiguration Provisioning ExternalManager Domain: ""
xConfiguration Provisioning ExternalManager Path: ""
xConfiguration Provisioning ExternalManager Protocol: "HTTP"
xConfiguration Provisioning HttpMethod: "POST"
xConfiguration Provisioning LoginName: ""
xConfiguration Provisioning Mode: "CUCM"
xConfiguration Proximity Mode: "Off"
xConfiguration Proximity Services CallControl: "Disabled"
xConfiguration Proximity Services ContentShare FromClients: "Enabled"
xConfiguration Proximity Services ContentShare ToClients: "Disabled"
xConfiguration RTP Ports Range Start: "2326"
xConfiguration RTP Ports Range Stop: "2486"
xConfiguration RoomReset Control: "On"
xConfiguration SIP ANAT: "On"
xConfiguration SIP Authentication UserName: ""

even though my EX90 machines say CUCM under mode they do not use call manager to communicate with each other. We use an ip address to call each machine. 

have you tried doing a packet capture to see what the unit may be trying to do?

this is the correct config 

The uploaded configuration file is for a CUCM registered endpoint, and as a result H323 is disabled.

xConfiguration NetworkServices H323 Mode: "Off"
xConfiguration Provisioning Mode: "CUCM"

Should the DX80 be registered to CUCM or be standalone?

From what you said earlier, your EX90 is "set up independently from a CUCM", which I take that as it's not registered and configured as a standalone endpoint.  If you want the same for the DX80, you'll need to turn the provisioning mode off on the endpoint, then enable and configure H323.

All my EX90 machines say CUCM under Provisioning > Mode. They do not use call manager to call each other. 

Another very strange issue is every time I turn off ANAT under the SIP menu it turns itself back on after a couple minutes. This causes and error under the diagnostics tab. 

You need to enable H323 and set the H323 CallSetup Mode to Direct, you won't be able to make IP calls until you do.  Your network might be set to offer DHCP Option 150, which will auto provision the endpoint to use CUCM if configured.