cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mesh behind P2P link

norberto.padin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm designing an outdoor solution for an O&G company and I need to provide 2 things.

The first one is a point-to-point link between 5Km to 10Km, and the second one is a WiFi Mesh solution behind the P2P link provided previously.

I read that AP1562 supports daisy chaining, so I was thinking about using AP1562D for the P2P link and AP1652E for meshing (P2M) and access in this way:

Enterprise network ---> Eth ---> 1562D (root bridge) --> WiFi (Ch 149) --> 1562D (non-root bridge) --> Eth --> 1562E (mesh & access) --> WiFi (Ch 157) --> 1562E (mesh and access).

I was trying to look for information about this but there is information only for the 1532/1572 and it does'n address this case becaus they asume serial-backhaul and I need a full mesh.

Could you please help me with this solution in order to either validate it or not. Thanks in advance. Nor.

2 Replies 2

ipedrosa
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also installing somewhat the same type system.

Controller is 5520 and 2 APs (1562D and 1562I).

The 1562D will be wired to the WLC but I need the 1562I to be a remote as a workgroup bridge or mesh link. But I see the 1562I needs to be Autonomous to be used as such. Is Mobility Express firmware equivalent to autonomous? I thought you can't have a WLC in a setup that also includes a Mobilty Express AP.

The only software download available for the 1562s are either CAPWAP or Mobility Express. CAPWAP is lightweight AP, as far as I know.

cgutierrezc1
Level 1
Level 1

Hola Norberto.
I have a few question to you:

Do you find a solution to your issue?

What kind of antenna type do you use for the P2P link? We have a link with the same AP1562E but using the antenna of 14dBi (AIR-ANT5114P2M-N=) and Cisco say the maximum distance for this kind of antenna is 7.7Kmts.
¿Do you are using a different model?

Other question:
¿The P2P link is with autonomous AP or CAPWAP? The question in the relation with the mesh network behind of this P2P link, so in the documentation Cisco says: "CAPWAP over CAPWAP is not supported. AP in local mode connected on the RAP or MAP ethernet port is not a supported configuration." (see: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/mesh/8-4/b_mesh_84/Mesh_Deployment_Modes.html).So, how it works? find? so-so?

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card