Helpful
Replies

ip secondary vpn.

Carlos de Armas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

I have the following question.

R1 has one ip address which later traslates to a public ip address to form a vpn with other router R2.

Can i use the "ip XXXX XXXX secondary" command to create another ip (on the same subnet) so i can translate that ip address to another public ip and form another vpn with the same router R2?

This is because R2 has to use only one peer for both vpn and the two vpn uses two different dialer interfaces.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, 

2 Replies 2

Hello,

the problem might be that you can only apply one crypto map to a physical interface. Not sure if this would work with SVTIs though. Can you post the configs of your R1 and R2 routers ?

Right now i dont have the config (not at the office) but i can tell you that R2 uses two identicall crypto maps (with different names). 

Here is an example:

dialer 1 crypto map prueba-><-public ip1<- ip address 1.1.1.1/24

R2                                                                                                                        <-R1

dialer 2 crypto map test     -><-public ip2<-ip address 1.1.1.2/24 secondary

Im not describing all the details but that would be the main idea. 

thanks for taking your time to answer!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco