Views
Helpful
Replies

Opening a case for a client that I don't need to be associated with

tonydrew2817
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco,

I've been a IT consultant supporting Cisco products for the last 15+ years.

As a consultant, I work with multiple clients. Those clients change frequently and if I need to open a case I go through the process/red tape and do the whole "association my Cisco ID". But that only works if I know I'll be working with them for a while and may need to call support occasionally.

There are times when I am on site or have been asked to provide technical information to a client just once and do not need to go through the whole "association my Cisco ID" while opening up a ticket.

So it looks like you've changed policies in the past few years. So now I cannot call into support with a valid serial number on a device with a Smartnet account and open a ticket with a client I am not associated with. These are usually time-sensitive issues, after hours or on weekends when the company listed contact may not be available!

Is there a way around this?

Is there a special Cisco account or ID that I can be associated with that will allow me to do that?

Can you create something, where I can go through a background check to get this access, if security is an issue?

I can not be the only one running into this brick wall.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Thanks,

Tony Drew

1 Reply 1

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In my experience, when you quote the serial number of a device with valid smart net support and representing yourself as the company that holds the smartnet normally allows you TAC support, as far as I know you do not need a cco account with listed set of contracts in order to get support.

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: