Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection problem with WAP371

kasper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with my WAP371 6 AP cluster. Most clients are perfectly allowed to the network and assignet IP's. But some clients (even iPhones) are refused and not allowed to the network. Any known solutions or things I can check?

All AP's are on the latest software.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

jonrodr2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I hope you are doing well, my name is Jonathan and I am one of the Engineers from theSmall business department. I apologize for the inconvenince this may be causing you.

-Please check the seetings for the Maximum Associated Clients, by default it should allow 200 if i am not mistaken, if your amount of users are less than that please check the following.

-what radio are you using to connect those clients?
-if it is 5ghz check that the clients support that standard
-if you are trying the radio 2.4 ghz, i suggest to change some settings
-the mode: if you have it on 802.11b/g/n please change it to 2.4 GHZ 802.11n
-usually the standard 802.11b is used to connect old devices and with 802.11 you will get a better performance most clients support this option now.

-if you need further assistance please contact us to open a case for you.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4626/small-business-service-and-support-country

Regards.

Hi Jonrodr2,

Thank you for your reply. After investigating the problem further I managed to locate the problem to just one of the AP's. After investigating further - also according to your description - and after a factory reset and new setup, I managed to make everything work. So for now, it seems that everything is ok.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: