cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2.7 Upgrade Upload Failure

Clayton Illsley
Level 1
Level 1

After loading 2.7 I am no longer seeing uploads in the portal.  The logs have the below text. 

I have already regisitered the collector.

I manually put our NTP server into the CLI and forced a timesync.

Failed to upload /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/applications/CSPC/exportdata/sntc1x_VSEM_1_1491247746382.zip,

Unable to send the profile results to the Cisco Backend. Reason:Data upload failed.  See the logs.

13 Replies 13

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Clayton Illsley,

Is the CSPC completing the other jobs successfully, discovery and collection?  Please provide a screenshot of the upload profile via: "Settings" -> "Manage Upload Profiles" -> Screenshot the export and schedule sections.

Also please provide the company and inventory names in question by following the method in the below link.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/13237466/how-send-private-message-sntc-community

Thanks,

Justin

I sent you a PM with the info requested and I have attached the relevant screenshots.

Thank you

Hey Clayton Illsley,

Can complete the following steps for a screenshot of your export settings.

Settings -> Application Settings -> Switch over to Export Settings and send a screenshot of this page.

Thanks,

Justin

Hey jumin,

Here is the screenshot you requested.

Thanks

Clay

Hey Clayton Illsley,

Can you change the upload method from Connectivity to NetAuth.  After this is done, try pushing another upload and let me know how the CSPC responds.

Thanks,

Justin

Hi jumin,

NetAuth is not an option I have Transport Gateway, Connectivity, and Disabled see screenshot.

Thanks

Clay

Hey Clayton Illsley,

Apologies, it seems Connectivity is in fact the correct method for the version 2.7 CSPC.  We will need for you to pull some logs from the CLI of the CSPC for further troubleshooting.

Please log in with the root credentials to access these commands and locations.  The two files we will need are:

/opt/ConcsoTgw/tail-end-gateway-decoupled/bin/nohup.out

/opt/ConcsoTgw/tail-end-gateway-decoupled/bin/CONN_TEG_LOGS/tail-end-gateway.log

Thanks,
Justin

Hi jumin,

Here are the files you requested.

Thanks

Clay

Hey Clayton,

We see uploads are still not processing for you but you were able to upload some file imports?

Looking through the logs, looks like there is a connection issue from your CSPC to the ip address: https://72.163.7.113 concsoweb-prd.cisco.com port 443.  Is it possible there is a firewall or security measures blocking this?  Can you check this with your network team.

Thanks,

Justin

See attached screenshot Jumin

Hey Clayton Illsley,

Were you able to confirm that there are now firewall settings blocking ip address: https://72.163.7.113 concsoweb-prd.cisco.com port 443?

Thanks,

Justin

jforgy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello all !

I am still not seeing any active uploads in the SNTC Portal.  I believe that Clayton verified the Firewall was not blocking.. Thanks for any updates.

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Clayton Illsley and jforgy,

Strange, it was verified there is nothing blocking the connection, as that is what the logs have indicated.  Have you tried rebooting the machine?  Run the command 'restart' from the adminshell.

Send me screenshots of running a manual collection and upload to verify the results are the same.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: