Replies

Cisco PCA and Web Inbox

silvakizir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.

I have a problem logging in to Cisco PCA and Web Inbox For Unity 11.5

When I try to login an error message appears saying "Invalid username/password"

I've tried with a User imported from CUCM and also with a User added from CUC as local with both having the same error.

I've deleted the users and re-created them, I've changed their passwords and Pins with Password and PIN having the same value.

I believe it is something easy but I'm stuck.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Silva,

The PCA password is set in CUC (if not using LDAP) and is called the Web Application Password as shown below;

Web Application (Cisco PCA) Passwords

Users use the web application password to sign in to the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (Cisco PCA), which provides access to the Messaging Inbox (in Connection 8.0), Messaging Assistant, and Personal Call Transfer Rules web tools.

Changing Cisco Unity Connection 8.x Web Application Passwords

You can change the web application (Cisco PCA) password for an individual user on the Users > Users > Change Password page in Cisco Unity Connection Administration at any time.

When passwords expire, users and administrators will be required to enter a new password when they next attempt to sign in to the Cisco PCA or Connection Administration.

Users can also change their Cisco PCA passwords in the Connection Messaging Assistant.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/securit...

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Silva,

The PCA password is set in CUC (if not using LDAP) and is called the Web Application Password as shown below;

Web Application (Cisco PCA) Passwords

Users use the web application password to sign in to the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (Cisco PCA), which provides access to the Messaging Inbox (in Connection 8.0), Messaging Assistant, and Personal Call Transfer Rules web tools.

Changing Cisco Unity Connection 8.x Web Application Passwords

You can change the web application (Cisco PCA) password for an individual user on the Users > Users > Change Password page in Cisco Unity Connection Administration at any time.

When passwords expire, users and administrators will be required to enter a new password when they next attempt to sign in to the Cisco PCA or Connection Administration.

Users can also change their Cisco PCA passwords in the Connection Messaging Assistant.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/securit...

Cheers!

Rob

I knew it was a small detail but I couldn't find it.

Thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: