Views
Helpful
Replies

WebRTC from external via Expressway

LuLe
Level 1
Level 1

Dear colleagues,

does anyone of you has experience regarding WebRTC via Expressway from external?

I updated our CMS to 2.1.5 and our Expressway E & C to 8.9.2 which both is supporting now WebRTC via external.

I did not found an documentation how to enable it exactly. What I did until now is the following:

- set correct firewall rules/ports according Cisco recommendations

- set settings on Expressway C regarding Meeting Server Web Proxy

- changed certificate on Expressway E (added the CMS address to SAN)

- changed administration port from 443 to 445 as the WebRTC is using 443

Now I try to open the link from our Expressway E from external and I only get a blank white page - I would assume that if I open this page now I get to the normal WebRTC login page? Or am I wrong?

Thank you so much.

Best regards,
Luise

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have a UC Traversal Zone configured between the Expressway-C/E, since the CMS web proxy uses MRA?

For detailed steps to enable the web proxy, take a look at Expressway with CMS and Microsoft Federation (X8.9.1).  Note the guide is for Expressway X8.9.1, so it will say the web proxy isn't supported, but can be ignored now that it is supported with X8.9.2.

Dear Patrick, I have on C & E an UC traversal zone - but for both I did not configured a search rule until now. I will have a deeper look into the Web Proxy for Meeting Server Configuration Summary. Thank you. BR, Luise

Dear All, we got it fixed - there was the TURN server missing in the settings of the CMS and SRV records. Thanks to all for your help. BR, Luise

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

you must open the outside webbridge URL with one of epxrsswayE FQDN. it always uses SSL.

so CN of CMS WEBBRIDGE must be added in its public certificate as SAN.

suppose you are opening https://meetings.expedomian.com  

meetings must be added in SAN of EXPE else it will not work.

add DNS record to point SAN to EXPE IP.

HTH

AMMAR

please rate and mark answered if helpful.

PT18
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, in my test lab since moving admin port from 443 to port 445, I cannot get to admin page from admin PC anymore, however, ping are successful and firewall is configured fine. Any thoughts?

Did you restart the server after you made the change?

yep, it was rebooted after the change

how did you resolve this issue? after applying 445 i can no loner access the webadmin page. Firewall rules have been applied and checked for any denied traffic.