Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Transfer Calls After No User Input

bradleywegner
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I have a UC 10.5 Cluster and I would like to have certain System Call Handlers transfer the calling party to a system extension if no User Input is made to route inbound calls.  This then would ring a shared line.  This would all be done using a basic System Call Handler and DTMF selections from the calling party, or no DTMF selection and a catch-all.  I have the Greetings, User Input and Transfer mechanisms worked out, but I cannot seem to find a way to build a "catch-all" that will transfer the traffic without a menu selection requiring User Input.  

In CCX I know how to script this, but I would rather have this built in UC.

LIttle Help?

Brad Wegner

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure a call handler to do the transfer to whoever you want to receive the call.

In the call handler in which you want people to hear the message, and if they don't input anything, set the after greeting action to attempt transfer to the previous call handler.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

Thanks for responding.  I don't think I am following here.  I am pretty green when it comes to Unity.

I want to have 

Greeting- Custom AudioText

Caller Input Options: 1,2,3 which transfer to specific extensions

If no input, Unsupervised Transfer to shared line

Take a look at this video I made on creating an AA

https://youtu.be/mAOpv3vlKpw

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi brad,

I'll just add a little bit to the good info from Java (+5 "J") This config requires the use of 2 call handlers.

In our example let's use DN 1000 as the dialed number and main call handler and DN 2000 as the Shared Line number where you want the calls to go to.

As suggested, I would use 2 Call handlers to accomplish this. Use the first one for DN 1000 where the greetings reside & can be easily changed and then use the "After greeting Action" to transfer to the second Call handler. On this one you can set it with no greeting recorded and use the transfer setting (as noted) to route to the Shared Line @ 2000.

Cheers!

Rob