Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE nodes can no longer synchornize after installing Patch 3 on 2.1.0.474

junbo.zeng1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a distributed deployment of ISE (Two Administration, Two Monitoring and multiple Policy nodes). I recently installed patch 3 on ISE 2.1.0.474 on all ISE nodes and now they can no longer synchronize.

After I clicked the "Syncup" button, the status of all secondary nodes remained "in progress" for a very long time. Eventually, they will turn to "Not in Sync".

For the ISE nodes that are not online, they used to show as "Disconnected" with a red cross. But now they are just simply shown as "Not in Sync" with an orange triangle.

It was working fine when it was using Patch 2. I don't want to roll back unless I have to.

1 Reply 1

junbo.zeng1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I managed to resolve the issue.

I fixed the issue by promoting the secondary administration node to become the new PAN, and started synchronization from the new PAN. Then I noticed that it can synchronize other ISE nodes and the original PAN. After I promoted the old PAN back to PAN again, it can also synchronize other ISE nodes. I guessed there was a database failure somewhere with the old PAN and all secondary ISE nodes does not accept the synchronization initiated from that PAN.