cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is BE6k or BE3k

Anthony Vinod
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me what is BE6k, BE3k is it a hardware? or is it a package with Hardware, License

I am somewhat new to Cisco Voice, I know UCS and MCS is nothing but Hardware where we build up the VM and then install the iso image downloaded from Cisco site and then we go for Licensing it, can anyone please tell me this basic thing without sharing the Link which I am finding hard to understand

Once I had logged into BE3k to check few things but it was very dull Interface, and I was told to check something on BE6k, so thinking of the previous Experience BE3k I was expecting little more upgraded but it came out to be CUCM 10.5, I got confused

By now you can understand I am in which level of Cisco VoIP, So please help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Anthony,

BE6K is a Tested Reference Configurations (TRC), which means Cisco has done enough testing and guaranties performance. You cannot use MCS anymore as UC application requires virtualization 3rd-party Specs-based category see below for details.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-cisco-unified-communications-manager.html

(Rate if it helps)

JB

View solution in original post

No, a TRC means that Cisco tested that specific HW combo, you cannot add/remove/deviate/change from what is offered, unless you want to lose the TRC level support.

Yes, if you need a solution that will go over 2,500 endpoints, you'll need to buy a new solution. If you choose to go over that, lose Cisco support due to violating the maximum number of endpoints supported by the solution.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony,

BE6K and BE3K are bundled solutions that cisco provides you.

BE3K and BE6K are very different and you can not transition between them.

Again for grater details check the link below and let us know if you have specific doubts.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-3000/data_sheet_c78-718398.html

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Thank you Jitender.

I was just going through the link, it is mentioned BE3k works on MCS and BE6k on USC220

BE3k is totally different where they have bundled everything for very small scale organisation and also the interface is very easy(user friendly), my question is how and what does cisco delivers if we order BE3k, is it that MCS server with few other softwares specially made for BE3k? if that is the case cant we build CUCM on the same hardware?

BE6k is also coming with limited user and endpoints package which works on UCS server. but they have mentioned we can buld cucm and unity and etc etc upto 9 applications. how are Cisco again going to deliver this? are they going to deliver UCS server and the iso files of cucm and unity through the link by how they usually do, If so who decides which CM version. and it everything is same why is it named sperately as BE6k

I am really confused, I agree this questions may sound funny to some, but please help

Hi Anthony,

BE3k is end of life, which means you cannot order it anymore

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-3000/end_of_life_notice_c51-729019.html

If you need to support more application you can order BE7K

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-7000/data-sheet-c78-730649.html

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Hi JB, my question if they are giving bundled solution of BE3k in MCS and BE6k in UCS, can we change the version of cucm ver, number of user licences, endpints etc etc in future as per requirement, If yes then do we really require to for BE series, why cant we directly go for MCS and UCS server and thn deploy

Hi Anthony,

BE6K is a Tested Reference Configurations (TRC), which means Cisco has done enough testing and guaranties performance. You cannot use MCS anymore as UC application requires virtualization 3rd-party Specs-based category see below for details.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-cisco-unified-communications-manager.html

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Thanks JB

6K is a bundled HW/SW solution, it only supports up to 1,250/2,500 endpoints depending on the platform you choose, you can find plenty of info in the BE documentation online on all the limits it has. Usually it comes with the latest versions installed. You're free to use other version if you want, you can add user licenses (up to the maximum capacity)

7K are TRC servers for regular deployments, which follow regular SRND rules, no limitations.

If you're looking to buy a solution, unless you're a Cisco partner, you won't be doing any purchase yourself, the partner/distributor will do this, and they can provide you assistance in choosing the right solution for your needs.

HTH

java

Hello Jaime, Thanks for your reply

6K is HW/SW bundled solution which is running on UCS Server 220

they have bundled collab applications, licenses with limitation of endpoints to 2500, Is it like if my company wants to add the 2501th endpoint I have to all the way buy a new server. Can't I make any changes? can't I go for addition of licenses

If yes, I can buy UCS220 or 240 seperately and build my own configurations and add licenses per my requirement, why does anyone need Buisness edition? just because it comes with pre installed CUCM,CUC,CER etc etc softwares?

Please correct me if I am wrong

No, a TRC means that Cisco tested that specific HW combo, you cannot add/remove/deviate/change from what is offered, unless you want to lose the TRC level support.

Yes, if you need a solution that will go over 2,500 endpoints, you'll need to buy a new solution. If you choose to go over that, lose Cisco support due to violating the maximum number of endpoints supported by the solution.

HTH

java

Great, Thanks for your reply Jaime

Appreciate your help in clearing my doubts

EDITED

Both of those are legacy products, replacement for BE6K is BE7k and for BE3k there is a new replacement which is BE4K:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/business-edition-4000/index.html

good comparison of BE6K and BE7K attached.

HTH,

Leszek

That not quite right, the 6K is not a legacy product, and the replacement is not the 7K, they're positioned for different size deployments ad they're both in CCW right now to order.

HTH

java

Thank you Jitender

I was just going through the link, it is mentioned BE3k works on MCS and BE6k on USC220

BE3k is totally different where they have bundled everything for very small scale organisation and also the interface is very easy(user friendly), my question is how and what does cisco delivers if we order BE3k, is it that MCS server with few other softwares specially made for BE3k? if that is the case cant we build CUCM on the same hardware?

BE6k is also coming with limited user and endpoints package which works on UCS server. but they have mentioned we can buld cucm and unity and etc etc upto 9 applications. how are Cisco again going to deliver this? are they going to deliver UCS server and the iso files of cucm and unity through the link by how they usually do, If so who decides which CM version. and it everything is same why is it named sperately as BE6k

I am really confused, I agree this questions may sound funny to someone, but please help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: