Views
Helpful
Replies

INCOMING H.323 CALLS ISSUE

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Dear All,

I am facing issue on incoming caller id, when some body tries by dialing my sip uri from H.323 endpoint. I am getting incoming caller id as recipent@my ipadd. for sip incomoing calls i am getting proper recipent caller id. Kindly advice me how i can remove the IP address.

6 Replies 6

Elias Sevilla Duarte
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The H323 endpoints are able to dial a SIP URI, though the endpoint started the call as H323, so the it will show only its E164, then the IP address of your server is added when Interworking from H323 to SIP is done. In other words, this is expected.

Thanks for your information @Elsevil [+5]

Is there any way we can remove the IP address of our server when recieving incoming calls?

You can use an interworking option on VCS and configure necessary transform to match and conver the ip to domain and then send call via that search rule to allow only SIP.

I think this will fix the problem.

Regards,

Alok

Use the following transform to replace the IP address of your VCS of the incoming call with our domain. 

• Pattern type: Suffix
  • Pattern string: %ip%
  • Pattern behavior: Replace
  • Replace string: your.domain

Dear Patrick,

If i create this rule, will it affect SIP incoming calls.

It will apply to all incoming calls, H323 and SIP, but only if the IP address that appears after the @ matches any that are assigned to your VCS. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: