cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can the MX300 G2 support the second camera?

suncungong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have two MX300 G2 endpoint, i want to know that the MX300 G2 can support the second camera connected to the HDMI slot?

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The MX300 G2 supports 3 video inputs: 1 DVI and 2 HDMI, which can be used for PC content or other video sources. Note that camera control is unavalaible for these inputs.

hi Patrick,

thanks for your help, i login the MX300 via web , in the menu of setup---configration--video--Connector 3--InputSourceType, that can select with camera. i think that means MX300 can connect to the second camera. would you please help  me answer this question,thanks.

and the attachment is the snapshoot for the MX300 setup.

Yes, you can connect an external camera to one of the HDMI inputs, as I mentioned before, camera control is unavailable for these inputs.  So you won't be able to pan-tilt-zoom the camera using the touch panel.

hi Patrich,

thanks you. can you tell me which type camera can connect to the MX300? Precision 60 Camera or Precision 12X Camera?

You can use either, since there is no camera control, there is no worry about trying to connect anything other than HDMI.