cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What Software to use? Upgrade Unity Connection 8.x to 11.x

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I am planning an upgrade from CUC 8.6 to 11.5.  When going through the PUT file process, I have a few options for download:

UCXN11-VER-UPG-K9.iso 

UCSInstall_UCOS_11.5.1.12900-21-sgn.iso

Bootable_UCINSTALL_UCOS_11.5.1.12900-21.sgn.iso

Which one will have the proper COP files needed for the upgrade?  I assume the UPG file?  Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I would order both;

As it's always nice to have a "bootable" version of the current products just in case a "rebuild" is ever necessary (YIKES!!)

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

[+5] to Rob .

I suppose u have already ordered through PUT and u have got the options to download through e-delivery.

With UCS Install iso , u can do the upgrade.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I would order both;

As it's always nice to have a "bootable" version of the current products just in case a "rebuild" is ever necessary (YIKES!!)

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob.

So, the UCSInstall will also allow for an upgrade as well as a fresh install?

[+5] to Rob .

I suppose u have already ordered through PUT and u have got the options to download through e-delivery.

With UCS Install iso , u can do the upgrade.

regds,

aman

Thanks and ***** to Rob and Aman for the quick assist.

Hi there,

You are most welcome!

Yes, but from what I understand,with newer 11.x versions you need to remove the word "bootable" from the filename when using it for upgrades. 

Cheers!

Rob

EDIT: +5 to my buddy Aman for his great input here as well!

No need for that, I actually use a bootable image in my upgrade video and that created confusion as the name when you see it in the upgrade procedure in the GUI shows without "bootable".

The system will automatically recognize the file and use it, without having to rename the file or anything else.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: