Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access Secondary HA unit VIA RM IP address SSH

Rahul Wankhade
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

Need your help very urgent. I have two 5520 Cisco WLC in HA everything looks good. HA also working fine. 

But I am unable to access secondary unit via RM IP . This RM IP pinging from the core switch.

IOS 8.2.151.0. Please share your view on this urgent.

Regards,

Rahul Wankhade

Regards,
Rahul Wankhade
9 Replies 9

JF
Level 1
Level 1

Are you trying GUI or CLI access on redundancy management interface ?

Only console or SSH is allowed on the standby WLC.

JF is right.  The redundancy port allows you to verify connectivity but as the docs state, no GUI.  Also login via tacacs doesn't work, only if local is specified first and using a local credential.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

I saw another email that you posted on another thread. If you downgrade and can ssh to the standby and not when you are on v8.2.151.0, then I would say that it's a bug and open a TAC case.  You should have console to that device however which is a better method to access the standby.  For us, I don't see a need to really get into the standby.  We do however have console to every controller we have.  The only good use of the redundancy IP address for me is when I'm upgrading, I ping both redundancy address so I know if and when the controller reboots, if I don't want to open a console connection.

File a bug because there will not be a fix and I doubt something is wrong with any of your config since it works fine on other code.

-Scott 

-Scott

Hi Scott,

I tried to access via SSH. Fix the issue this is a bug with 8.2.151.0. Its working fine on 8.2.141.0. please make a note.

Regrads,

Rahul Wankhade

Regards,
Rahul Wankhade

Thanks!  So is this with ssh using tacacs or local?

-Scott 

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Using Local. 

Regards,
Rahul Wankhade

Thanks and good to know!  I know tacacs doesn't work with 8.2.130.0 and previous 8.2 versions. Haven't tried if 8.2.141 or 151 works, but I doubt 151 will since it's broke with local. 

-Scott 

-Scott

Hi Scott,

I am facing one issue with Cisco AIR-CAP2702E-B-K9. I am unable to see radio 2.4 , I am getting an error ( AP does not support the specified radio type.
The followings are supported radio types of the AP:
802.11a). Also in the AP interface there is no Radio slot 0.

Please find the attached snapshot for the same.  

What is the issue ? Is this any hardware issue ? 

Regards,

Rahul Wankhade 

Regards,
Rahul Wankhade

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Known bug, fixed in the successor of 8.2.151.0. Bug ID: https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvd61701

It's also fixed in the released beta for 8.2MR6: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13284941/82mr6-interim-release-availability

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: