Level 1

Can anyone explain what is the use of Sig Digit in CVP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anoop Krishnan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Anil, 

If you need to segregate calls by ingress gateway, this can be accomplished by CVP sig-digit feature, a special prefix that is assigned in ingress gateway. When CVP receives agent label from ICM, CVP sig-digit (a special prefix) will be prefix'ed with this digit, so CUSP can differentiate calls, and send to different SIP trunk of CUCM. 

Solution Using Significant Digits / Preprend Digits feature in CVP Call Server 

1. Call comes from INGRESS Site A with DID Number 19777
2. Dial-peer is matched , the 19777 is transformed to the following scheme :CodeA+Internal Project Number , i.e : 11118001
3. Call is sent to the CVP Call Server
4. CVP Call server will Capture the 1st 4 Digits and recognize them as Site Code
5. RouteRequest is sent the ICM using the VRU PG which will start the ICM Script with SendToVRU Node .
6. ICM Return the Network VRU Label which is 8111111111
7. CVP Call Server will add the Site Code again to the Label before making any decision which will be : CodeA+VRU Label , i.e : 11118111111111
8. CVP Checks the Static Routes configured and sends the Call to the corresponding VXML GW : 11118111
9. The VXML GW will accept the call coming from 111181T and start the BootStrap service .
10. Now the RTP is between the INGRESS and VXML ( the Welcome Message )
11. Invoking the QueueToSkillgroup Node to pick an available agent eventually .
12. When Agent is available , the ICM Returns the Agent Extension ( Label ) to the CVP Call Server via the CVP PG ( RC ) , for example : 4004
13. The CVP adds the Site Code to the Extension before checking the Static Routes , so the label will be : CodeA+Extension , i.e : 11114004
14. The CVP Static Routes has the following route to the Call Manager to pick the right Agent : CodeA+Extension , i.e : 11114004
15. Now the CVP Sends the Call to the Call Manager via the SIP Trunk .
16. We Add a translation route inside the Call Manager to remove the Site Code from the Incoming Called Number , like the following :
1111.! => Discard Predot .
17. Call is delivered to the Agent 

Regards, 

Anoop 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Anoop Krishnan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Anil, 

If you need to segregate calls by ingress gateway, this can be accomplished by CVP sig-digit feature, a special prefix that is assigned in ingress gateway. When CVP receives agent label from ICM, CVP sig-digit (a special prefix) will be prefix'ed with this digit, so CUSP can differentiate calls, and send to different SIP trunk of CUCM. 

Solution Using Significant Digits / Preprend Digits feature in CVP Call Server 

1. Call comes from INGRESS Site A with DID Number 19777
2. Dial-peer is matched , the 19777 is transformed to the following scheme :CodeA+Internal Project Number , i.e : 11118001
3. Call is sent to the CVP Call Server
4. CVP Call server will Capture the 1st 4 Digits and recognize them as Site Code
5. RouteRequest is sent the ICM using the VRU PG which will start the ICM Script with SendToVRU Node .
6. ICM Return the Network VRU Label which is 8111111111
7. CVP Call Server will add the Site Code again to the Label before making any decision which will be : CodeA+VRU Label , i.e : 11118111111111
8. CVP Checks the Static Routes configured and sends the Call to the corresponding VXML GW : 11118111
9. The VXML GW will accept the call coming from 111181T and start the BootStrap service .
10. Now the RTP is between the INGRESS and VXML ( the Welcome Message )
11. Invoking the QueueToSkillgroup Node to pick an available agent eventually .
12. When Agent is available , the ICM Returns the Agent Extension ( Label ) to the CVP Call Server via the CVP PG ( RC ) , for example : 4004
13. The CVP adds the Site Code to the Extension before checking the Static Routes , so the label will be : CodeA+Extension , i.e : 11114004
14. The CVP Static Routes has the following route to the Call Manager to pick the right Agent : CodeA+Extension , i.e : 11114004
15. Now the CVP Sends the Call to the Call Manager via the SIP Trunk .
16. We Add a translation route inside the Call Manager to remove the Site Code from the Incoming Called Number , like the following :
1111.! => Discard Predot .
17. Call is delivered to the Agent 

Regards, 

Anoop